Friday, February 6, 2009

Cracked Stone?

I've seen so many beautiful cards on SCS that feature the Polished Stone technique, and I wanted to try it for myself. The technique calls for several colors of classic reinkers, along with a metallic reinker, but all I have is classic reinkers. So, I thought I'd improvise and add Pearl-Ex powder to my paper along with the ink. So after inking, spritzing, smushing & letting my paper dry, I stamped the image from Upsy Daisy in black Stazon on top of my marbled paper. Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Top Note die. The only problem was that the Pearl-Ex flakes off w/o something to bind it to the paper, so I then decided to cover the whole image with Versamark & clear embossing powder. It was then that I thought I'd try using UTEE (in 3 layers!) and do the Cracked Glass effect on the image. After removing from the freezer & cracking, I inked a sponge w/basic black ink and rubbed it into the cracks, then wiped the image clean w/a baby wipe. The flower border on the left side is from Fresh Cuts, and the sentiment is from Best Yet (retired hostess set). Cardstock colors used are Basic Black, Summer Sun, and Tangerine Tango.

10 comments:

Ginny said...

this card is absolutely GORGEOUS..tfs :0)

Christy said...

Very stunning!!

maddy hill said...

wow ! alot of work , but the results are gorgeous and fab to look at ! One fabby card there !

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Sounds like a lot of time and effort went into this card the results are fabulous. Beautiful

Wendy Hall said...

Beautiful card, you must have extreme patience!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful , I love it!!! Awesome job hun!!!

Heidi said...

This is awesome!

Holly aka Toy said...

wowza, that is gorgeous! I found your blog through the blog comment thread on scs and I am loving it! TFS

Becky said...

What a beautiful card, love the rich colors and the cracked glass effect.

Catherine said...

This is so effective. Time well spent!