Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sugared Blossom



This is for today's Ways To Use It Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com. The challenge for today was to "paint" on your card, and anything that is not a stamp pad or sprays ink qualifies as "painting". For this card, I tried something new... First I punched the petals and leaves with the Blossom Builder Punch from Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade cardstock, then stamped them with the Build-a-Blossom stamp set in Concord Crush and Always Artichoke. Next I mixed Crystal Effects with a little water, then stirred in Dazzling Diamonds. Finally, I "painted" the mixture onto the petals & leaves before assembling the flower on the card. I also used Confetti stamp set to stamp the leaves on the background, and the {friend to friend} sentiment comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. For the finishing touch, I added 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Wisteria Wonder. TFL!



1 comment:

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Katie! Love your color combo and "painting". Awesome design too.