Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Faux Patina

The technique challenge on splitcoaststampers yesterday was Faux Patina.

For the base, I used River Rock cardstock, embossed with Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder & Big Shot. To create the patina look, I swiped my Tempting Turquoise stamp pad over the raised area. Then I swiped with my Always Artichoke stamp pad, and finally with my Versamark pad. I heat embossed a mixture of Gold and Wild Wasabi embossing powder to give it the aged look.

The flower images are from Fabulous Florets. I stamped the line art flowers in River Rock, and the solid image flowers in Peach Parfait, rolled in Cajun Craze. The sentiment is from Word Play, stamped in Basic Black.

You can see the original challenge, and the complete instructions for creating this look, here:

No comments: