Monday, September 29, 2008

Batik technique





This card is for today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS. The challenge was called Batik - the Colorwash Way. We were to create a Batik effect on watercolor paper by stamping with Versamark, then embossing with clear embossing powder. Next, you add water and a few drops of reinker in two different colors to two spray bottles, and spray the watercolor paper. Finally, you use a dry iron, with a sheet of computer paper on each side, to remove the embossing powder. This creates the "Batik" look. I used the "Seeing Spots" stamp set from Stampin' Up!. I don't have any watercolor paper, so I used Whisper White cardstock, and sprayed it with plain water after embossing, to soften it so that the reinker would soak into the paper easier. I used Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point reinkers, but the colors turned out much lighter, so I finished the card using Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock and ink, and Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon. I sponged all the edges, and added silver eyelets for some "bling."

No comments: