Friday, April 30, 2010

Sparkly Mom!


This is for yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use chipboard. I created the "MOM" image using my Big Shot to cut images out of a cereal box, gluing several layers together to simulate chipboard. Then I sponged & glittered the letters & flower to make them extra-special! I also used the Big Shot to create the background: I covered a piece of Brocade Blue with silver Shimmer Paint; when it was dry I ran it through the Big Shot with a texture plate, then I used a sanding block to remove the paint from the raised areas & let the blue show through. This technique is called Acrylic Distress and was a Weekly Inkling a few weeks ago. The white layer is punched with the new Scallop Trim Border punch. Colors for this card are Brocade Blue, Barely Banana, and Whisper White. TFL!

No comments: