Friday, January 27, 2012

Inspired By Belleek Pottery



I made this card for the Technique Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com on Monday. The challenge was to make a card in a style inspired by Belleek Pottery in Ireland. The technique involves inking an embossing folder with a light, neutral-colored ink, then embossing with the Big Shot on either white or vanilla cardstock. Very simple, and the result is so beautiful & soft! I chose to use the Vintage Wallpaper folder, Crumb Cake ink and Very Vanilla cardstock. For the flower image, I stamped the tulip from Flores Suaves in Early Espresso ink, then watercolored with my Aquapainter. The frame is from Four Frames, and the sentiment is from Upsy Daisy. I also added a Filigree Designer Brad and 2 Rhinestones Basic Jewels to bling it up. TFL!

No comments: